Life, yoga and other adventures

Click here for my general blog, Life, yoga and other adventures

Wednesday 30 May 2018

R . E . S . P . E . C . T .


At the end of my yoga classes, I always invite those present to join me in saying Namaste. There are many ways to interpret this word, but I usually explain it as 'The divine light in me honours the divine light in you.' It is, I explain, a gesture of mutual respect.

I try to show respect to everyone on and off my yoga mat. It's not always easy. Some people are, shall we say, challenging. However, if someone is difficult I tell myself that maybe she's having a bad day. Perhaps she was up all night with a fractious child or maybe she has bad feet. I do believe that it's important to take what we learn on our mats into the world beyond.

You might like to consider whether you always receive respect from the people for whom you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment