Life, yoga and other adventures

Click here for my general blog, Life, yoga and other adventures

Tuesday 12 December 2017

On FaceAche today I saw this piece of advice from a yogi: 'Give your food cupboards a pre-Christmas clearout.' Nothing contentious there; but she followed it up with: 'If you've seen an advert for it, you could probably do without it.' I'm not sure I understand that. Is she saying you shouldn't consume anything you've seen advertised? That's unrealistic, surely?

Mind you, it's very easy to get caught up with the whole food promotion game, especially at this time of year. For instance, when did it become the norm to drink Prosecco on a day-to-day basis? You've got to hand it to the marketing bods: they know what they're doing. On the other hand, we used to buy Mateus Rose in the same way (ask your parents) and that went from must-have to wouldn't-be-seen-dead-drinking-it in the blink of an eye.

I mention Prosecco not because I'm a big fan of it, but because as I was cruising the supermarket aisles this morning, I caught myself thinking: 'Oh, mustn't forget the fizzy wine for Christmas morning.' Curious, because I don't drink fizzy wine as a matter of course and I don't drink alcohol for breakfast, not even on special occasions.

I've been seduced, haven't I? Time for some deep breathing and meditation to bring back my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment