This prompted me to recall a writing job I did years ago, where I was commissioned to come up with 100 reasons to be each of generous, confident, positive and thankful. It was a lovely job and I was glad to look back at it. Here are a few of the reasons to be thankful that were included:
- You are who you are There is no one else like you, you are unique. Celebrate this and live life to the full.
- The past is behind you If you have done wrong, apologise and be grateful for forgiveness.
- Every day you move closer to your goal It might be something small: putting up a bookshelf, tidying the storeroom, catching up on the filing. Congratulate yourself on all these little victories.
- The constantly changing seasons As well as revealing the power of nature, this gives us the opportunity for regular renewal in all aspects of our lives.
- The comfort of realism As you grow older, you come to realise that you are not going to 'have it all'. Focus on the realistic and the possible.